Minutes of ASHS Alumni Meeting,October 22 , 2017
Meeting was called to order by President Melinda Strong.
Minutes of previous meeting and Financial records are posted on Alumni website for all to read.
Members of the Honored Classes were recognized ---1947, 1957, 1967, 1977, 1987, 1997, 2007 and 2017. As each class and decade were recognized, pictures were taken. Classes of each decade, beginning with the 1940's; former and present faculty members; board members and veterans were recognized. Pictures were shared via facebook and will be posted on alumni webpage on ASHS website.
>Motion was made by Beckie Thorne and seconded by Tonie Ragland for representatives from the alumni organization contact the superintendent of schools and request to be placed on the board meeting agenda for December. Topics that the group would like presented to the board for consideration include:
(1) setting a permanent date for the annual homecoming; for example: the last weekend in September.
(2) to consider the possibility of hosting homecoming game on Saturday afternoon,
or hosting volleyball game on Saturday afternoon if football game must be on a Friday night.
(3) Restoration and hanging of Senior Class pictures in high school building or in connecting hallway to gym.
> Melinda Strong asked the group to keep Peggy Well Hamilton in their prayers and thoughts as she continues
her battle with health issues.
>Drawings were held for raffle items:
Misty McMullen was the winner of the Christmas Table runner set,
Carolyn Bentley won the picnic table,
AbbyAnn Brown won the TV set,
1. Anyone wishing to donate items for the 2017 Homecoming Raffle are asked to contact a member of the Alumni Board of Directors.
2. Anyone with pictures for the slideshow should contact Beckie (Davis) Thorne or Kim (Hogg) Bentley.
3. Group still has concerns over the brick garden. Those in attendance were asked to examine the bricks and see if the group could address the issue next year.
4. Request was made for volunteers to work at the Apple Springs Fall Festival on Monday night. All proceeds for the groups hotdog booth will go directly to the scholarship fund.
No other new business, meeting was adjourned.
Blessing was delivered before the meal.
IRS Status---Form 990-N E filing receipt for 2016 tax exempt organization will be filed in January, 2017.
Raffle sales and donations yielded funds to provide three $500 scholarships to members of the Class of 2017.